So yesterday when I got the blog update that it was available for sale, I bought it straight away and started on cutting up my chosen fabric.
When I saw it was available in the large size, I knew straight away I wanted to make a nappy bag, or rather an “emergency” bag for Josh for spare clothes, wipes and nappy pants for we’re out and about – ready for any little accidents during his potty training.
I got a wipes case and one of Zach’s nappy to measure whether the large size could accommodate bigger size nappies. On the safe side, I added an extra 1.5″ to the length of the pattern. So finished dimension is 11” high x 8” wide x 2.25” deep (23cm x 20cm x 6cm)
I used a lovely army green cotton drill fabric and lined it with a solid khaki green cotton drill. I am really happy with how it turned out.
I think the larger size could also make a great shoe bag for ladies who want to take a spare pair flats with them to work or something.
So this is how my new ditty bag turned out.
Also, instead of just having a plain hanging loop, I added a clasp on the handle so I can attach it to the handle bars of the pram or to my bag.
Josh was very happy when he saw it as he thought it was a new bag for his toys. I guess that’s another project to add on the To Do list.